Student: Zoey Bigelow
Faculty Advisor: Mohammad Heidari Kapourchali
This project examines the feasibility of a hydroponic operation within a shipping container with power requirements minimized by solar panels, and with the intention of feeding underserved populations (ie: those without homes) in the Anchorage area. The goals of this project are to determine the feasibility of a grow house:
- Enclosed in a standard shipping container
- With its energy needs off-put by solar panels
- To help feed the underserved populations of Anchorage, namely those without homes.
- Which can thrive in an urban environment.
- Which can thrive year-round